Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Friends

Sometimes I miss having "friends". Ya know the ones you can be silly with and stay out late with. But here lately, I haven't really missed it much. I moved here (Benton) a couple of years ago and I guess just sort of grew up. lol I grew out of the junior high act and grew into a mom/wife. My home town friends resented me for it and talked behind my back. It hurt my feelings...I got over it...it happened again...I got over it - ya see the cycle? It took me a LOOONNNGGG time to figure out that they weren't really "friends". I mean they were there (when they needed something) and they called (when they needed something), but I just didn't like the way they made me feel. They didn't like me for me...and I was sad.

Good news!
I am 27. :) Yep...27! That means...I don't have to be friends with them anymore. I'm not in high school. I AM a grown up....and I like it. I have children and a husband (that I was made to feel bad for having), and they are my "friends". I get to act silly with them and stay out late with them after our walmart trips...and guess what! - They still LOVE me at the end of a bad day. So...I guess what I am trying to say is...

bye bye old life...:)

p.s. Dear old life, please don't text me some dirty, mean message because of what is written on MY blog. I didn't make you read it. :)


Here is my new life:







You have no idea how good it feels to be a part of this. This is pure silliness...and pure LOVE. :)

1 comment:

  1. isn't it amazing to finally feel content where you are and loved and liked by those that matter the most? :) good for you, dear!

    ReplyDelete