Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring

I have been LOVING this weather we have had here lately. It is perfect...mmmm...the breeze, the smell of a well seasoned steak on the grill, the sound of 2 crazy kids playing in the yard....oh and don't forget - the sound of a drill guiding a screw into place. Yep..that's right...a drill... Chris has planned and started the deck building process we have so desperately wanted to do for so long. Spring time brings about all sorts of projects around here. My husband is an overachiever and I love him for it. :) We (Chris) have already put one project under our belt - we (Chris) painted our garage floor a couple of weekends ago. It looks great!

Yesterday was Friday - Oh how I have looked forward to that day for a whole week (seemed longer). I have felt so drained for some reason. Maybe it was the time change catching up with me...or maybe it was from all of the stress of planning a birthday party for one sweet, precious one year old. All I know is that I needed Friday like whoa! Now that it's Saturday, I feel soooo much better. I slept late this morning, got up around 8, and prepared to go to a baby shower for some friends. After the shower, I took Bella to see Alice in Wonderland 2D, and now I'm blogging. I have REALLY been slacking with this blogging stuff. So sorry.

Last night I took Bella to Target to buy the shower gifts for my friends. While there, I thought that maybe...just maybe I could find a cute shirt or even shorts for Gavin since the weather is changing and he could use them. NOPE...nothing. I couldn't find anything that caught my eye or even made me think about buying it. They seriously need to step up their game on designing some cute boy clothes...really. ugh. So...instead, I bought Bella the cutest, colorful dress. And get this...it was only $6! Can't beat that! Here are some pictures I took of her playing in the dirt. She decided to sneak the dress on while I wasn't looking. :)


Yes, those are cinderella sleeves from her dress up box...:)












This is what happens when she dresses herself...



She was getting chilly



Running inside to grab a jacket



um...that's not a jacket...



The start of our (Chris') deck building project :)



Is it just me, or does Gavin look OLD here? Maybe it's the hair?
ugh... A one year old for sure. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment