Sunday, December 20, 2009

Garvan Gardens

We went to Hot Springs to see the lights at Garvan Gardens (we have heard a ton of good things) . It only took us about 40 minutes to get there, but once we were there - we were stuck in a line of traffic waiting to park. This went on for oh...about an hour! Once we were parked, we had to walk...walk...and walk to a line that was as long as...well...it was LLLOOOONNNGGGG. We waited in that line and in the cold for another 20-30 minutes and FINALLY got to the entrance. Oh and in line there was this really short lady behind me...Chris called her "Oompa Loompa" (mean I know but she was really that short and round)...but she was very annoying. She was all up in my Koolaid...I mean seriously. I couldn't even move an inch or she would move too...touching me and everything. I mean come on lady...get off me! Every time I stepped out of line to walk around to the front of the stroller to give Gavin a snack, she would scoot up - so basically I was pushed out of line. And she and the people she was with were the kind of people that talk rrrreeeeeaaaallllyyyy loud so other people can hear them. You know...the kind of people that think their conversation is extremely funny and wish to share with EVERYONE. UGH! Okay...enough about Oompa Loompa (mean I know). Here are some pictures.

Gavin's face is priceless :)



Bella was the cutest pink wearing girl there. :)



A nice lady took our picture - we were definitely bundled up



It was very beautiful



Bella liked the gingerbread men



I liked walking under this tunnel - very magical feeling



:)



This was at the very end...right before the meltdown. LOL


See...at the very end of the trail, they give you hot chocolate (it's free..and yummy), but it's very hot! Bella is the kind of child that can't be patient and wait on anything ( I have NO idea where she gets that from). :) Anyway...she cried...and complained...and well...we just ended up pouring most of the hot chocolate out. Sad...sad... Now we know what to do next year. Everyone should visit Garvan Gardens this time of year - it really is very magical, despite a couple of meltdowns. Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment